Updated: Apr 1, 2020
In a world we may no longer recognise, it is more important than ever to realise that it's our mindset that matters.
With so much focus on the uncertainty the COVID-19 virus brings, we have all been confronted with something unwanted. Most of us crave 'wanted' change, that change that brings us a happier lifestyle, more money, freedom etc. None of us like changes that force us to rethink basic behaviours, and it seems survival over happiness is the consensus at the moment. However this is a time that forces our true values to the surface, and we are called to change our thought patterns in order to survive the chaos.
I am compelled to bring attention to how able we are to re-think the way we process information and behaviour. We are able to take any given situation that may appear to be dire, apply a glass half full mentality, and turn it into an opportunity to make something great of it. Your ability to behave in an agile fashion, in your career, business and life in general, can spark joy and momentum in this scary period in time. So, what are traits of an agile-minded individual:
1. You embrace and accept change, even if it's scary.
2. You listen to others, and stop making 'noise'.
3. You work well with others, for the greater good.
4. You are proactive, and help others carry the weight.
5. You communicate effectively, by being positive and providing clarity (see point 2).
6.You have faith in those around you, even if they may stumble.
7. You are life long learner, and invest and cultivate in improving your shortcomings.
8. You are quick to adapt to external circumstances, however do not consider herd mentality an excuse for poor behaviour or performance.
9. You see opportunity and innovation built in to unforeseen challenges.
10. You are flexible, and can pivot without too much discomfort.
11. Contingency plans are deployed with ease, and you have support from others on hand to do so.
12. You review your goals and adjust accordingly, but ensure your values are not compromised in doing so.
Being agile is a skill that can be progressively developed. It is essential, whether you are in business or in employment, to evaluate your agility skills. Like most trying times, the economy and therefore needs of the workforce are set to undergo vast changes. Seeking advice, council and positive reinforcement that assists you to become prepared is highly important. It is an advancement in your preparation of the disruptors that follow this time. Coaching is a great method to engage mindset rebuilding and practices, oh, and it can be social-distancing friendly as well (if conducted online).
If it's time to get serious about your work life mamma, book a complimentary Introductory Session today:
Vanessa is a professional & business coach with experience in marketing & communications, small business operations, organisational culture & learning. She is currently undergoing further training & qualification with the LCA Australia and the International Coaching Federation. Vanessa has recently completed certification as a Wellness Facilitation Coach. Most importantly, she is a mother of two, teaching them to see the world with compassionate eyes and to act in kindness.